Today was all about completing the ground of DD No. 4…some five solid hours! So I thought once I had finished that I’d give the painting a rest and review the previous picture so I put together this image of the progress of No. 3 from the start to where it is currently…that is about to get a new light grey ground and fresh repainting of the pink and brown areas. If only I could be certain of the colour and tonality of each area before I began but it simply doesn’t work that way (at least for me it doesn’t). I have to complete the whole surface before it ‘snaps’ into place and only then can I see where and how it needs to change.